SHSM programs allow students to focus their learning on a specific economic sector
while meeting the requirements to graduate from secondary school.
- SHSM programs allow students to identify, explore, and refine career goals and make
informed decisions about their future.
- Students earn credits and gain career-relevant training that post-secondary educational
institutions and the sector recognize.
- All SHSM students earn First Aid, CPR, and WHMIS certification and sector specific
- Students must complete a bundle of 8-10 specific courses including a cooperative
education placement, required certifications, and reach ahead opportunities.
- Students in grade 11 or 12 from all pathways: apprenticeship, college, university,
workplace can begin working on SHSM components.
LCVI offers four Specialist High Skills Major Programs:
- Construction (TCJ3C)
- Health and Wellness (SNC4MR/IDP4UR)
- Transportation (TTJ3CW)
- Sport (PAL4OR)
For more information contact Student Services.