Students apply in April of their grade 11 year for entry into the OYAP program.
In second semester of their grade 12 year, successful OYAP applicants take college courses at Durham or Fleming College and complete a co-op placement as they work towards earning their Level 1 apprenticeship in their chosen trade.
OYAP allows students to:
- Earn CO-OP credits towards their high school diploma
- Work towards becoming a registered apprentice
- Get real-world experience
- Count co-op hours towards their apprenticeship hours
Programs which may be offered include:
- Automotive Service Technician