Self-Control — Character Trait for April
Being able to manage your words, actions and emotions properly, by your own initiative, and without supervision, is a way to display self-control.
Greek philosopher, Plato, once said: “The first and best victory is to conquer self.”
Spartans can practice self-control by:
- Winning and losing with dignity and pride;
- Congratulating classmates when they are successful;
- Learning from their mistakes and moving on;
- Being patient with themselves;
- And by finding the positives in life.
According to Aristotle, “We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit.”